Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 2: Favorite Quotes

For Day 2 of my blog challenge I was asked to share my favorite quotes. As I sit here pondering this, I've come to the realization that I don't have a "favorite quote", at least not in the most traditional sense. I don't often share quotes as wisdom, or cliched advice, and I don't have a quote by which I design the structure if my life. 

What I do have is a few quotes that I kind of like for one reason or another, which I will share with you all now. 

"He'll be famous-a legend- I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future- there will be books written about Harry- every child in our world will know his name!" 

I love this quote from Harry Potter, because of how completely true it ended up to be. Love him, or hate him, you've heard of Harry Potter. And how could JK Rowling have known that before anyone had even read her first story? Say what you will about Harry Potter, but those books, like it or not, changed the face of children's literacy. 

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep." 

Naturally, I had to include Cinderella in here! I love this quote because I am completely enchanted by the idea that our hearts are filling our sleeping minds with our truest wishes and hopes <3 

"Life's short, buy the shoes." 

Because you can never have too many pairs of shoes!!

"Thoughts become things."

Because my friend Jean believes this wholeheartedly, and proves to me time and time again that it is true. 

There you have it! What are some of your favorite quotes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment