Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 3: What makes You Happy?

Perhaps this challenge involved a little more self discovery than I initially anticipated. Happiness to me is a tiered event, in which there are so many levels and ways to experience it. 

I find happiness in my family, being surrounded by love. I am so blessed to have the most incredible, close family, and I love being able to spend time with them. 

I find happiness in my friends. I have some of the most amazing friendships with some truly wonderful people. Some I've known since childhood, others I've met recently, but all are incredibly special to me. Putting yourself in the company of positive, uplifting, and kindhearted people is so important, and I couldn't be more grateful for those people in my life. 

I find happiness in the little things. A smile when you aren't expecting it. A happy ending. A good deal on shoes. Feeling accomplished and proud. Happiness comes from unexpected places and things that make you feel better. 

I find happiness in a good book. Diving head first into a new world, and being engulfed by someone else's creation. I love the idea that someone's idea take life on the page, and we are able to see into their mind, even if it is only for 300 pages. I love even more when a book makes you feel. Feel anything- delight, sadness, love, anger, betrayal, joy. 

I find happiness in my students. Seeing them grow and learn. Watching them develop into little people. Knowing that loving them may be just the thing that they need at that moment. Getting hugs from them, having conversations with them, seeing them connect with each other. I have so much love for what I do. 

I find happiness at Disney World. Because, duh, it is the happiest place on earth! 

I also find happiness at Hobby Lobby. Which I have nicknamed the second happiest place on earth. 

What makes you happy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment